Step Two states: We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
Today is about a deep dive into the pool of your life and recovery. Did I mention at all that recovery is hard work? Stay strong, don’t quit, and just take it one day at a time!! Find your notebook::
- How has life seemed unfair to me?
- How have I experienced trauma/abuse/addiction?
- What emotions and questions do I need to be honest with God about?
- When in my addiction, did I display the belief that I was accountable only to myself? In what ways?
- How have I tried to have power over the events, outcomes, and people in my life?
- In what ways have I showed God is not in control of my life?
- How has my addiction kept me from living my life?
- How has my addiction held me captive?
- How have my compulsions and addictions led me to compromise myself?
- How have I seen God’s power at work in other people’s lives?
- What are the signs present in my life that I am on the path and in the process of being restores to sanity?
You have done a tremendous amount of work this week and I hope that it has brought you some clarity and new discoveries. Tomorrow we will be finishing Step Two and you will have the chance to complete the Step before moving on to Step Three next week. If you still need extra time to do some of the work for Step One or Step Two, please take it. When you are finished, you can come back and begin with Step Three.